|Maryam Nassir Zadeh on The Glow|
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
"When Anaïs was born, it was almost too profound to comprehend how significant that experience is and how that relationship shapes you day by day. I was once told by an astrologer that you and your child pick each other before they are born. It's incredible to think we are destined to live our lives together, and that my child will be my friend forever. It's the best feeling to experience building your own family—these members are the most significant relationships you have in life."
Monday, July 30, 2012
- Spending time with great friends we only see once a year (Hi Vanessa, Luc & Mimi!).
- Watching Sonia learn to dive underwater in 3+ foot pool. Because she saw a third-grade boy doing it.
- Getting to be "Sanjee's wife" at a work dinner.
- Being reminded by a mother of grown children that one day I will look back on this time of work + kids and wonder how I did it.
- Window shopping in two of my favorite stores (Container Store + West Elm).
- Teaching Sonia about window shopping, and thinking/saving for purchases.
- Sonia's love of art.
- Five Guys.
- Sunday nap with the littlest lady.
- Clean clothes, folded throughout the day by my lovely husband.
- Finishing one of four books I've been reading simultaneously.
- Evening walk with the baby on my back to get milk.
- This beautiful urban oasis we live in.
- Enjoying the moment.
- Always thinking of the future.
- A "wish list" full of books on Amazon.
- Flipping Sonia's bunk/semi-loft bed so she now sleeps in a "cave."
- Countdown to a big birthday (five!).
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Things making me happy at the moment (in no particular order):
- A warm belly from the spicy Vietnamese curry burrito I ate for lunch. From a food truck. With my husband who never takes a lunch break.
- The fact that Maren introduced Sonia to Patsy Cline the other day. Nothing like an almost five year-old singing: I stop to see a weeping willow / Crying on his pillow / Maybe he's crying for me
- The red dress I’m wearing, that I fell in love with last fall, but couldn’t afford. Until the next week I happened back to the same store to find the magical dress had been reduced by 50% and was an additional 30% off sale price. Score!
- My vintage gold belt I purchased at an estate sale a couple years back that adds a little extra flair to the bright red dress.
- The dinner of tomato, basil and mozzarella we will eat tonight. Vegetables straight from the farmers market.
- Being on top of my work game as of late, and being recognized for my efforts.
- Scheming up future plans.
- The house was cleaned this morning. And not by me.
- The always sweet Ms. Mila May.
- Sonia’s love of America’s Got Talent.
- Season 10 of Project Runway starts tonight!
- Tapes ‘N Tapes radio on Pandora
- Two inspirational houses featured recently on Apartment Therapy.