Sunday, January 1, 2012

Onward 2012

Truth be told, 2011 was a rollercoaster that I am happy to exit. We were blessed with Mila’s birth, Sanj’s graduation from law school and our dream job offer. We have had our health, wonderful family and great friends. For that, we could not be more thankful. But, it’s been a trying year as well. It’s felt transitional and chaotic. So we’re hitting the restart button. We’re going to get simple. We’re going to purge and reinvent. I’m not making any resolutions for the year, but I’m conjuring up words to inspire me and keep me focused.

Homemade meals. Music. Candles. Running. Greenery. Bike rides. Walks. Photos. Design. Thrift. Travel. Art.

To 2012. To being centered.

8 comments:

Mama & Papa Riedel said...

Beautiful, you're such an inspiration to me dear friend.

Rachel Posey Austin said...

That is one good looking family!!!

Berit said...

I just adore this family! Can we add two little words to the end if your 2012 list items??? Walks (with friends). Travel (with friends). Homemade meals (with friends). Laugh (with friends). Okay, I added that last item... Love you all!!!

Jenny said...

LOVE. that's all. I LOVE this.

jess weliwitigoda said...

Thanks for all the love, ladies. I love sharing this space with you all.

xoxo

VLS said...

This family is beautiful, through and through.
(I showed all of my colleagues this photo and bragged about your through and through beauty.)

jess weliwitigoda said...

Thanks, V. You are too sweet. And full of comments tonight. A little Friday night wine? :)

VLS said...

Yes, ma'am. Lucky me. BUT, it's all true. And I saved up my reading/looking at Kimonobaby specially for this evening. I saw you all big and bold, like four in my Reader at lunch and I didn't peek. I knew I'd be able to enjoy it as it deserves so much better this evening.