Sunday, October 23, 2011

apple orchard/pumpkin patch/scarecrow festival

Once again Halloween snuck up on me. Minneapolis went from too-hot fall, to pretty-cold fall very quickly, so I thought we better get out and enjoy the harvest, or whatever you are supposed to say about fall. Mumsie and the ladies and I drove out to what I thought was the country, but now realize is a bit of a suburban farm/tourist trap, complete with an AmericInn motel. We were able to cross off the fall must-do's in a couple hours - apples. pumpkins, hay, live animals, hayride, scarecrow festival, camel (?), hot cocoa, etc. Sonia had fun. Next year, I swear - we'll do something more authentic. I swear.

pumpkins

apples

halloween cheer



 
live animals

rain barrel train ride

WTF camel

Hay!

more apples!

suburban farm

pony ride - second of the weekend



more hay

lots of hay

No comments: