Tuesday, August 16, 2011

home lack-of inspiration

It comes as no surprise to anyone I've spoken to in real life recently that I'm feeling a bit ho-hum about our home at the moment. While I love so much about our place, it's feeling just a little too new. I've always loved old beat-up houses with a history, and while I am naturally drawn to minimalism, I also love the slightly-disheveled-bohemian feel as well. While there are a number of improvements we could make to our place – hello, unfinished nursery - I'm simply not inspired to take any of them on. Instead, I'm spending a lot of time looking at quirky homes online and dreaming about moving.

I love to move. After not moving during the first 18 years of my life, I moved 10 times from 1999 to 2007. I love, love, love moving into a new place. I love packing up my belongings and evaluating everything I own. I love decorating a new space, making things fit, figuring out what new items much be purchased, etc. I love the fresh start of deep-cleaning an apartment and sleeping in a new bedroom the first night. I love making the first real meal and sitting down to eat with fresh flowers on the table. I love when you first move somewhere and it feels like you are on vacation. Your whole life just feels different.

I keep envisioning moving into a little apartment with old wood floors, white walls and a little balcony. I would love a bedroom for the girls to share with big windows I could dress in whimsical fabric. There is something about fall (not that we are there yet, just looking ahead) that makes me want to pack-up and start fresh.

Here are some shared-bedroom inspiration shots:


 



Source








Source

Source

No comments: