Thursday, January 3, 2008

month five

Sonia,

My little Sony Pony - you are five months old. You love to laugh, play peek-a-boo, and listen to your favorite song in the car. In the past month you have celebrated your first Christmas, taken your first trip in an airplane to visit your grandparents in Florida and perfected your fake cough.

You follow me around the house in your walker. From room to room we go. You can't move on the carpet, so you wait for me by the doorway, coughing if I take too long. You're not yet crawling, but you are gaining strength. You get on all fours and lunge yourself forward. I leave you to play on the rug in the living room and I come back to find you wedged under the sofa, or under the Christmas tree.

You are a terrible sleeper. Because you rarely nap, bedtime for you is 6:30 p.m. Which would be fine, except that means you are ready to wake for the day at 4 a.m., sometimes five. In between those hours you wake three or four times - to eat, I suppose, and make sure you aren't missing anything. Lucky for you, you are so cute- even at four in the morning.

Love,
Ma







No comments: