Monday, September 3, 2007

month one

Sonia,

One month ago today you came into the world. You emerged with a developed personality and a full head of hair. From the moment you were born you were so alert, vivacious, and feisty. You love to examine your surroundings and you do so with such intensity – inspecting the building across the street, listening intently to the traffic, feeling the breeze against your cheek. You seem wise beyond your years; an old soul.

In the short time that you have been in my life, you have made me a better person. You have forced me to slow down and live life in the moment. You have taught me patience. I cherish the quiet moments when you look up at me with your intense, slate grey eyes, with your little hand resting on my side as I nurse you. I will never forget the way you smell, the softness of your sweet head, the feeling of your steady breath against my skin, the way you purr when you are deep asleep and the grunting and squawking sounds you make as you wake. I want to stop time so that you stay this size forever, and yet, I can’t wait to watch you grow. I can’t wait to watch you develop into the person that you are so rapidly becoming.

Thank you for being my daughter. I feel so blessed to be your mama.

Love,
Ma



No comments: